The web connector works with versions of QuickBooks from 2015 to 2018, as well as Accountant and Enterprise. It does not work on a MAC machine or Windows XP.
You will need to make sure to have your QuickBooks pulled up to the Company you wish to sync to tax1099.com before downloading the web connector.
- You will login to Tax1099.com
- Go to Import>QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on Web Connector.
- Click on ‘Web Connector Download Click Here’. (Please make sure your pop-up blocker is disabled before you click to download.)
- Click on the download that appears in the bottom left corner of your screen. The download will be your email address with .QWC on the end.
- A box will come up, QuickBooks Web Connector. You will want to click the ‘add an application’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Then select your file name. The file name is your email address with .qwc on the end.
- You should get a pop-up window labeled ‘Authorize New Web Service’. Click ‘Ok’.
- Your QuickBooks Web Connector box will change and now list Tax1099.com. You will want to click the checkbox on the left of tax1099.com and then type in your password for tax1099 under the password column.
- After you type in your password, hit ‘Enter’. A pop-up will appear asking if you would like to save your password. You can select ‘yes’ or ‘no’ depending on whether you would like to save it or not.
- Then click the ‘update selected’ button at the top of the window.
- Once the application progress and total progress bars both reach 100%, exit the web connector. You will do so by clicking the ‘exit’ button in the bottom right corner of the window.
- After you exit you should receive an email letting you know if the sync was successful or not. If it was successful, you will open the email and click the button that says ‘Click here to complete your 1099 filing process’.
- It will automatically bring up the information on our mapping grid. You will need to make sure the payer and all vendors have a green dot on the left of their name.
- If there is missing data you may see yellow dot next to the payer name or a red dot next to a recipient (vendor) name. Click the underlined item and update the information that is missing and save it.
- If there is a red dot next to the payer that means there is missing data from the payer info. Click the ‘edit’ button and add the information and save.
- If you have a lot of errors you can click the ‘download error’ list and it will export them to an Excel file.
- If you wish to save this upload for another time, you can click save and exit and it will save it for you to upload later.
- When you are done, you will select the check box to the left of the recipients you want and then press next.
- You will get a pop-up letting you know how many forms you have successfully uploaded.
- The forms will be on the submit forms page, once you are ready, select the top checkbox on the left of the recipients and any check box for USPS or TIN match if you wish to use either of these features. Then click ‘Next’.
- Enter your payment details and press ‘Pay and Submit to e-file’.
- You will get a 9 digit reference number if the payment was successful.
- Your forms will show in Forms>Manage Forms. (Select payer and tax year.)
To upload the next company, you will need to pull them up in QuickBooks. Once you are ready, you will need to do the following steps to open the Web Connector back up.
- In QuickBooks, click on Filed>Update Web Services
- The web connector window will pull up. You will see the old company listed at first. Once you click on ‘update selected’ at the top of the window, it will change to the new company to import. Follow the previous steps to import this company information into Tax1099.com.
- If you do not receive the email to let you know if the sync was successful or not, can click on the link in Import>QuickBooks Desktop>Web Connector, in tax1099.com.
- Once you click this link it will let you know if the sync was successful by taking you directly to our mapping grid if it was successful, or giving you a message that it was not successful.
If for any reason the sync is not successful, you will need to make sure your vendors are set up and mapped correctly in QuickBooks and also may need to uninstall and reinstall the web connector.
If you have further questions feel free to chat live with us or contact us by phone at 877-811-3829. Our support hours are M-F 8AM-6PM Central.