QuickBooks Online (QBO)
- After you import the forms for your first company you will need to disconnect the App in the My Apps area of QBO. If QBOA user, will need to go to apps.intuit.com to disconnect and connect.
- Click on Apps on the menu bar.
- Locate the Tax1099 app
- Click on Disconnect
- Then open the new company that you need to import and connect the App for Tax1099 again to approve access to connect and import data.
- Go to new company
- Click on Apps on the menu bar
- Locate Tax1099 app
- Choose the app and click Get App Now
- Click Authorize to allow access
QuickBooks Desktop (QBD)
- If you have imported your first company and are ready to import the next companies set of 1099's, you just need to open that next company file and then you can run the Tax1099 Wizard to check forms or go ahead and upload the data:
- If user already has the plugin downloaded, go to Vendor > Tax1099.com e-File > Upload 1099 Data.
- A popup box will ask you to approve the next company to allow it to connect to Tax1099
- Go to File > Update Web Services...in the web connector: on the right side select the remove option
- Go to next company and need to add the application again ( the same downloaded one)
- Go to File > Update Web Services and choose Tax1099
- Enter password and save, then click to the left and click on Update Selected
- Will receive an email with a link to open in Tax1099 to the import grid (green dots)
- After you imported the first company, you will need to disconnect the App in BDC and then open the next company.
- Click on the Settings Gear and choose Tax1099.com then click on Setup. There will be a link to click to Disconnect.
- Connect the Tax1099 app again under the new company in the Settings Gear and proceed with importing the 1099 data into Tax1099.
- When you import using one of our Excel templates there is no need to switch company access. If you have them all listed on the same spreadsheet, it will import all at once.
- When you are on the import grid with the red, green or yellow dots, make sure to note at the top of the grid that you want to select All companies to import.
- When it brings you the 1099 forms into Tax1099 at the Submit Forms page you will only be able to submit one company at a time.
- Submit your first company, then change the selection for the Payer at the top and select the next set of forms.
- Complete until all Payers (Companies) 1099 forms have been submitted to the IRS.