Our plugin works with versions as far back as 2015 and up to 2018, Accountant and Enterprise. QB does not work on Windows XP or MAC to import.
NOTE: If your QuickBooks Desktop is hosted on a server or through a hosting company, you may need to see your IT person or hosting company to complete these processes as they will have to do it for you.
VERIFY VERSION OF PLUGIN
- In QuickBooks Desktop main menu, click on Vendors > Tax1099.com E-File > About
- The latest version as of 2017 tax season is 188.8.131.52
UNINSTALL THE PLUGIN
- Navigate to your computer's Add/Remove Program or Apps & Features page.
- You can see this by going to Home > Settings > Apps and Features in Windows.
- Search and Find the program/app named QB Plugin and QBFC Plugin.
- Click or right-click on the program/app named QB Plugin and QBFC Plugin and then select "Uninstall."
- Confirm that you want to uninstall the program/app in the popup window.
- When complete, you will receive a message that the program/app has been uninstalled.
DOWNLOAD THE PLUGIN
- Need to deactivate the antivirus / firewall system temporarily while download.
- Login to Tax1099.com.
- Navigate to Import > QuickBooks Desktop on the left menu.
- Click QuickBooks Desktop Plugin.
- Use the button at the top to download the zip file containing the instructions for the plugin and the executable (.exe) file that will install the plugin.
INSTALL THE PLUGIN
- Close any QuickBooks Desktop application that you have open before installing.
- Disable the antivirus/network firewall program while installing the plugin.
- Extract/Unzip the files you downloaded.
- Double-click the .exe file to install the plugin. If you have Windows 7 or Vista operating systems, you will need to right-click the .exe file and use "Run as administrator" to install the plugin.
- Follow the prompts to install the plugin. Images are included in the pdf file that was part of the zip file you downloaded.
- Right-click QuickBooks and choose "Run as administrator."
- On the certificate pop up choose the 3rd option (Yes, whenever the Quickbooks company file is open) and check the box next to Allow this application to access personal data...
- That completes the installation of the plugin.
- Activate the antivirus/network firewall.