How to create Type 1 corrections (Amount, Box Numbers, or Check Box)
1. Log in to your account.
2. On the dashboard, click on Forms -> New Form.
3. Select the tax year and click on the tax form (we are showing 1099-MISC, but the same procedure applies to any 1099, 1098, 3921, 3922, or 1042-S).
4. Click the Corrected check box (Amended check box for 1042-S), select the Payer, select the recipient, and place the correct amount in the correct box. If a check box was incorrect on the original submission, select the correct check box. To Void an amount, enter 0.00 in the box.
5. Click Save and Continue to check out. Click Save and Add to add more Corrected forms. If adding more corrected forms, complete steps 1-4 for each.
6. Select the checkboxes to the left of the recipient(s) you wish to file for and select any of the additional options you wish (USPS Mail, E-mail, etc) and click Next.
7. Provide payment info on the next screen and click “Pay & Submit to e-File”.
8. If you wish to access a PDF copy, you will find it under Forms > Manage Forms.