2. If you click Forms, it gives you these options:
- New Form: this is where you can create a new 1099 form. You can also submit corrections with a new form. Make them corrected forms by checking the box at the top of the page that reads, "Corrected".
- View/Edit/Submit Forms: this is where you can submit any of the forms you have already created to the IRS and State. You can also choose a specific date you would like your forms to be submitted. Your forms will be submitted same day unless you choose a different date. You will select email or USPS to recipient from this page as well.
- Resubmit Rejected forms: If the IRS rejects any forms you filed with us, you will get an email informing you that the form(s) were rejected. You can go to this page, edit the forms, and resubmit them for free.
- Manage Forms: this will be where all the forms you have submitted to IRS are located. Here you can download the forms as PDF, export to excel to have a spreadsheet, mail the 1099 to the recipient, or choose to email the recipient their 1099.You can see the status of your forms with the IRS and if you chose email or USPS to your recipients as well.
- **Review and Approve forms: If you, as an Enterprise Admin User, have given a member user rights to create forms but NOT to submit them to the IRS, they will submit forms for review. The person who has rights to review them will go to this page to approve or reject these forms.
- **Rejected forms: This is where a member user will go to after an Enterprise Admin User rejects the forms they submitted for review. They can edit the rejected forms and re-submit for approval.
3. People: You will have three options:
- Manage Payer: (the payer is the person or entity paying $600 or more to an employee or for a service) this is where you can add, delete, and edit information for payers if needed.
- Manage Recipient: (the recipient is the person receiving the money as an employee or for a service rendered) this is where you can add, edit, or delete recipients. Also you can do bulk TIN matching (TIN matching checks to see if the SSN or the EIN number is incorrect), bulk address match and bulk W9 request. Additional charging may apply with some of these options.
- Copy Recipient: this is if you need to copy a recipient from one payer to another
4.Import: Here you will have a list of accounting software we are integrated with. This will allow you to import previous and current tax years into our system. You will see an "import grid" separated by vendors or sometimes by each bill. Keep in mind, when it's on the grid, the information can be changed before finalizing. The import MUST BE FINALIZED before the Payer/recipient information is saved into our system.
Software we are integrated with is as follows:
- W-2 Import: W-2 QBD PDF Import and W-2 Xero PDF Import
- Quickbooks Online ( Must have Quickbooks Plus for import to work )
- Quickbooks Desktop ( version 2010 and later )
- Zoho Books
- Property Solutions / Entrata
- Fresh Books
- Filing History: You can find all reference numbers, times and dates you filed, amounts you paid and see which reference numbers were approved or rejected.
- Prepay History: You can add a prepay amount, view your current prepaid amount, see how much you have added in the past, and the dates and times you added or used the amounts.
- State Filing History: If you submitted forms and paid the fee per form for paper filing or CD-ROM, or direct filing to states that are not a part of the Combined States and Federal Filing program, you will see them here. It will have the reference numbers, the recipients, the states reported, and the e-filed date.
- W8/W9 Request History: Here you can see how many W8/W9 forms you have paid for, whether one at a time or in bulk, the total forms used, and how many you have left. You can also prepay for more forms here.
- Payer Report: This report tells you about each payer you have in your account. It lists the names, Tax ID numbers, addresses, phone number, user email, and the date each one was added.
- Payer Report by User: Same as Payer report, but this one is more useful if you have a lot of member users that work under you. It will tell you what user added what payer.
- Recipient Report: This report tells you about each recipient you have in your account. It lists the names, Tax ID numbers, addresses, emails, and the date you added each one. Each report is divided by each payer.
- TIN Match Report: This report will give you a list of all your payers, the recipients for each payer, if you selected to do a TIN match for that recipient, the results of TIN matching, the date it was requested, and the date the results were received.
- Unsubmitted Forms Report: This report will tell you what forms you or your members have created but have not submitted. It will tell you the form, payer name, recipient name, the date it was created, and the user that created them. PLEASE NOTE: if you did any imports multiple times and submitted some forms already, please double check your manage forms or the submission history report to make sure you do not submit any forms twice.
- Submission History Report: This report will tell you the payer name, Tax ID, the tax year and form filed, the user's name and email (person who submitted), the submission date, the reference number, the IRS status, how many forms were submitted, how many were mailed, the scheduled date, and the amount you paid for the filing fee. This can be filtered by tax year also.
- W9 Report: This report will tell you what recipients you have requested a W-9. It will tell you the recipient's name, Tax ID number, the date it was sent to the recipient, and the day they filled out the form and sent it back. This can be filtered by payer name.
- Opt-In Report: This report is to let you know if you sent forms to recipients through our portal and if they gave consent or "opt-in" to download their forms from our portal. It will tell you Payer name, Payer Tax ID, Recipient name, Recipient Tax ID, Recipient email, the status if they did "opt-in" or if they refused consent or "opt-out". If they press "Opt out" that means they would rather get their form a different way. It will also tell you the date they gave their answer.
- Forms Delivery Report: Lists the following information
- If you requested USPS mail, the status of the mailing, and the postmarked date once the forms have been mailed.
- List the payer name and tax ID
- List recipient name(s) and recipient(s) tax ID
- The reference number
- Form type(s) that you filed
- The tax year the form(s) were filed
- If Email Recipient was chosen
- The date you submitted the forms to our site
- The Scheduled Date the form was or is to be e-filed to the IRS
- W8 Request Status: If you have requested a W-8 for any recipients, it will tell you here. You can see the Recipient name, Recipient Tax ID, Recipient email, and if you requested any of the following W-8 forms. W8-BEN, W8-BEN-E, W8-CE, W8-ECI, W8-EXP, and W8-IMY. If you did request any of these, it will give you the date it was requested. If the recipient filled it out and sent it back, it will say the day it was completed. You can get a PDF copy of the form here as well.
- Email Request Status: This report is for checking the status of email requests sent out to the recipients. You will see the following:
- Payer Name
- Recipient Name
- Recipient TIN
- Recipient email address
- Status: Sent, Delivered or Opened
- Date email was requested
- Edit option, to edit the email address
7.Support: Clicking here gives you 5 options:
- Knowledge Base: A place to find various articles to help you understand how the site works and what to do. You have access to step by step instructions on how to file, use our integrations, and make corrections.
- Training Sessions: This is something we offer certain times of the year to train in navigating our site as well as QB importing.
- How-To-Videos: If you select this option you will go to our page that has videos showing different processes in our system. For example, submitting 1099's and Importing with Excel.
- Our support phone number: 877-811-3829.
- Support Email: email@example.com
- P.S. We also have live chat available
The following options are available in the middle of the dashboard screen:
You will see 4 boxes at the top
- Type TIN or part of Name: This is for the payer TIN or name
- All Statuses: Here you will select a status of the form you are searching for
- A Year: Currently 2017 will be auto-populated and any forms created, etc for this tax year will be what is showing below on the dashboard. You can select this drop down and choose a different year to pull up prior year forms.
- Type Reference Number: You can do the search by the reference number by typing it in here.
- Date: This will be the date the forms were created
- TIN: The TIN will be masked with only the last 4 digits showing. This is the payer TIN.
- Reference ID: There will be reference numbers listed only if the form(s) have been submitted.
- Name: This is the payer name
- Amount: This will be the amount listed in all forms under this reference number or created set of forms.
- Form Type: This will list the form type being filed
- Schedule date: this will be the date it is scheduled to e-file or the date the forms were e-filed.
- Actions: View or Print. You can select view to be taken to the view/edit/submit or Manage Forms sections to view the forms. Print is to print copies of the forms.
- Not Submitted: will have a light blue dot on the left
- Submitted: will have a grey dot on the left
- Rejected: will have a yellow dot on the left
- Approved: will have a green dot on the left
- Blocked: will have a red dot on the left
- Resubmit: will have a darker blue dot on the left
On the right hand side of the dashboard you will see a 'Start New Filing' blue button. If you select this button it will take you to the 'select forms' page, to start filing forms manually.
Located in the top right corner of the screen are 4 icons:
- : This is the button to click when you are ready to logout of your account.
- : This is the settings button, which contains the following options:
- My Information: Choose this option to change your email, password, company info, phone number or name listed in the account. If you are an essential user, you can add member users in this section to help you file forms.
- Events: Click here to view recent events that occurred in the account and changes.
- Two-Factor Authentication: add an extra layer of security to your account.
- Member User: You will only see this option if you are an Enterprise account. This is where you will add member users.
- Rights Management: You will only see this option if you have an Enterprise Account. This is where you will assign member users rights and use the workflow management.
- : If you click here you will see four options, Knowledge Base: to go to our KB section, Training sessions: click here to sign up for training sessions when available, our support phone number and email.
- : This section is our 'What would you like to do' section that we used to have in the middle of the dashboard. You will click this for the following options:
- Start New Filing
- View My Forms
- Submit Forms
- Resubmit Rejected Forms
- Edit Scheduled Forms
- Check On Status
- Request W-9
- File Correction
- Send Recipient Copy
- Print out Existing Forms
- Generate Summary (1096/ACA)
- File an Extension (8809)
- Manage Extension Forms (8809)
- File Share
- Track Mail Status
**The Enterprise Admin will have full control over the whole process and how each member user can do their work.
If you have additional questions about the information listed above, please let us know.
We are here Monday - Friday 8am to 6pm Central Time.