before it is e-filed with the IRS. This option allows you to be able to make any corrections needed to the form 1099 before it is actually e-filed. To change the scheduled e-file date:
- First, you will create a 1099 form
- Then you will save the form (It will be saved to the view/edit/submit forms page)
- On the view/edit/submit forms page, select the filters that apply to the form you filled out
- When you see the 1099 form, you will see a scheduled date. The default date is the current date. To change the date, select all forms by clicking the top checkbox on the left of the forms next to the header labeled "Date". Then you will click the button labeled "Schedule All Vendor E-file" above the row of recipients.
- You can select any future date up to March 31st for current year forms. Prior year forms cannot be scheduled.
- After paying, the form will be saved to your Manage Forms page and will be e-filed on the date selected.
To edit the form Before the scheduled date:
- Go to Manage Forms.
- Select the filters to find the 1099 or 1099s you want to edit.
- On the action tab for the form, you want to edit, click on the edit form option
- Edit anything in the form and press save.
- The e-file will update automatically.
- To print, email, or mail a new form based on the changes, select the appropriate option under the Action column.
And that's it!